2020 ISFFA AICPA ScholarshipScholarship for Accounting Students
AICPA Scholarship Awards Virtual Event September 12, 2020 4:00pm PST.
Invitation will be sent to recipients
Competitive merit-based awards of $2,000 each for FIVE outstanding accounting students who show significant potential to become Certified Public Accountants. All awardees need to become ISFFA members.
Thank you for expressing an interest in the ISFFA Scholarships for Accounting Students. These scholarships are funded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) through its Minority Initiative Committee, to be awarded by ISFFA.
The ISFFA Scholarships will be awarded on September 12, 2020 at 4:00 pm through an online ISFFA Scholarship Awarding Event. Attendance is mandatory. All application materials must be received by ISFFA on or before August 21, 2020. The applicant is solely responsible for assuring that all application materials are received by the deadline to be considered, and ISFFA cannot be responsible for materials delayed or lost in the mail.
ISFFA/AICPA Scholarship for Accounting Students is available only to full-time undergraduate and graduate students at regionally accredited institutions who are planning to pursue the CPA licensure. Awards are granted primarily based on merit (academic achievement); financial need is evaluated as a secondary criteria. Please Note: Finalists will be interviewed by the ISFFA Scholarship Committee.
Undergraduate Students Eligibility
- An ethnic minority in the accounting profession (including but not limited to: Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; Pacific Islander; or Asian American).
- Accounting major (this must be indicated on your transcript) with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) minimum of 3.00
- A student who has satisfactorily completed at least 30 semester hours of college coursework, including at least six (6) semester hours (or equivalent quarter hours) in accounting.
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (12 semester hours or equivalent) at a four-year institution in the U.S. or territories.
- A U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
Graduate Students Eligibility
- Enrolled in an accounting program OR who was an accounting major and is presently accepted in a masters-level accounting, business administration, finance or taxation program, OR who had any undergraduate major and is presently accepted in a master-level accounting program
Checks made payable to the respective awardee’s college or university will be presented to the awardees during the online ISFFA Scholarship Event on August 29, 2020.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript with your registrar’s office. Be sure that they understand that the transcript must contain your Spring 2020 semester grades as well as an indication of your major.
- Complete the application form (incomplete application forms will be declined).
- For any questions regarding this scholarship, please contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.